Save your application layouts in SILKYPIX to improve your workflow.
Almost every control in the SILKYPIX user experience has default settings, including visibility, position, and default selection. You likely have a favorite layout for specific workflow situations, such as when working with noise reduction tools or one of the special sub controls like the Monochrome controller. You can save your settings to use at any time.
Create and Save an Application Layout
- Go to menu Settings > Register Window Positions.... The Register window positions dialog appears. A new item appears with the default name of the current date-time.
- Change the date-time to a custom name that communicates what it represents.
- Click the Okay button. Saves the new custom layout.
- To upper. Moves a layout up the list of available layouts.
- To lower. Moves a layout down the list of available layouts.
- Delete. Deletes the selected layout.
- Rename. Selects and highlights the current list item for editing.
- Okay. Saves the new layout.
- Cancel. Cancels the action.
- Preview Option. If selected, click on the list items and SILKYPIX immediately changes the user experience to match the selected layout.
Change the SILKYPIX UX to a Saved Layout
- Go to menu Settings > Restore Window Positions...The Restore Window Position dialog appears. It is the same as the Register Window Positions... window.
- From the list of custom layouts, select the layout you want.
- Click the Okay button. SILKYPIX changes the user experience to the selected layout.
If the Preview checkbox is selected when selecting a saved layout from the list, SILKYPIX immediately changes the user experience to match the selected layout. If the Preview checkbox is selected and you click Cancel, the user experience is restored to the then current layout.